Preston & District Beekeepers are a friendly and growing group of hobbyist beekeepers who meet regularly throughout the year to share experiences and develop their beekeeping skills.
We welcome new members.
Preston & District Beekeepers is a branch of the Lancashire & North West Beekeepers Association (LNWBKA) and by joining, you will be able to attend the county events, for example the Honey Show and events hosted by other branches.
Joining as one of the BBKA recognised membership categories entitles you to membership of the British Beekeepers Association and, depending on the category chosen, may include public liability insurance, bee diseases insurance and the monthly magazine.
Other membership benefits
- Preston & District Beekeepers have an active programme of events throughout the year, including social activities, talks and practical training for both beginners and more advanced beekeepers.
- Our training apiary is open every Saturday morning during the beekeeping session for advice, training and weekly inspections, followed by optional chat & cake in the café.
- The apiary shop is available to members to purchase a full range of good quality beekeeping supplies at discounted prices. The shop also runs a wax exchange scheme. We also have specially designed club hoodies available to buy!
- The club owns a range of equipment available to members to borrow.
Our membership year runs from 1st November to 31st October each year.
If you’d like to know more about becoming a member, please get in touch by contacting our club secretary at email@example.com
Making payments to Preston & District Beekeeping Association
(Updated 10th August 2022)
Reasons for this update.
1. Preston Beekeepers and Lancashire & North West Beekeepers Association BOTH have Bank Account Names starting with “Lancashire & North West Beekeepers Association”. When making payment by BACS both names are truncated to “Lancashire & Northwest Beekeepers Assoc”. Hence members who have paid both organisations will have 2 payees with apparently the same Account Name BUT with different Account Numbers. This has caused some confusion with some members making payment to the wrong account.
When making payment to Preston BKA for: membership, shop purchases, training organised by the branch or socials organised by the branch, please make sure that payment is made to the Account Number ending 9783.
2. Due to the number of payments being made it is important that all BACS and cheque payments use the same Payment Reference. This will enable payments to be traced and sorted. Please use the Payment Reference listed below or the Payment Reference given by the organiser. Do not add extra names to the reference. (Note that some Payment References have changed)
Account Name: Lancashire & North West Beekeepers Association Preston Branch
Sort Code: 20-69-85 Account Number: 30429783 Reference: See the list below.
Payment to: Lancashire & North West Beekeepers Association Preston Branch
Write the Payment Reference on the back of the cheque. See the list below.
Send cheques to: PBKA Treasurer, Arthur Leyland, 7 Bannister Court, Tarleton, PRESTON, PR4 6HA.
1. Existing Membership Payment: Use full membership number (Example 38.16.273 or 38.16.273/274 if paying for more than 1 member)
2. New Membership Payment: Use surname followed by NEWMEM
(Example: Leyland NEWMEM)
3. Shop Payment: Use PBKASHOP- followed by sale’s reference. (Example: PBKASHOP-D33 or PBKASHOP-D33,45 if paying for more than 1 sale reference)
4. Beginners Course: Use Surname followed by BEG23 (Example: Smith BEG23)
5. Taster Days: Use Surname followed by TDay3 (Example Brown TDay3) The number will change for each date.
References for other payments will be given by the relevant organiser. If in doubt about any payment or reference please contact the person organising the payment, or the treasure by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Equipment available to members to borrow
|Cottam||1 large electrical, 1 small electrical, 1 hand turned.||Andrew Fowler 07914751020|
|Bamber Bridge||1 large electrical||Kath Cordingley 07971956148|
|Penwortham||1 large electrical||Arthur Walmsley 07825954678|
|Bretherton||1 hand turned||Phil Walton 01772 600484|
|Club apiary||1 hand turned||Ask at the apiary or Viki Cuthbertson 01772 717001|
|Cottam||1 wax extractor||Andrew Fowler 07914751020|
|Club apiary||1 wax extractor||Ask at the apiary or Viki Cuthbertson 01772 717001|
|Club apiary||1 heated uncapping tray and 1 heated uncapping knife||Ask at the apiary or Viki Cuthbertson 01772 717001|