Preston & District Beekeepers are a friendly and growing group of hobbyist beekeepers who meet regularly throughout the year to share experiences and develop their beekeeping skills.
We welcome new members.
Preston & District Beekeepers is a branch of the Lancashire & North West Beekeepers Association (LNWBKA) and by joining, you will be able to attend the county events, for example the Honey Show and events hosted by other branches.
Joining as one of the BBKA recognised membership categories entitles you to membership of the British Beekeepers Association and, depending on the category chosen, may include public liability insurance, bee diseases insurance and the monthly magazine.
Other membership benefits
- Preston & District Beekeepers have an active programme of events throughout the year, including social activities, talks and practical training for both beginners and more advanced beekeepers.
- Our training apiary is open every Saturday morning during the beekeeping session for advice, training and weekly inspections, followed by optional chat & cake in the café.
- The apiary shop is available to members to purchase a full range of good quality beekeeping supplies at discounted prices. The shop also runs a wax exchange scheme. We also have specially designed club hoodies available to buy!
- The club owns a range of equipment available to members to borrow.
- A monthly club newsletter
Equipment available to members to borrow
BECOMING A MEMBER
Our membership year runs from 1st November to 31st October each year.
If you would like to join us please:
1.Complete the membership application form and send it to the membership secretary (full details on the form). Membership Application Form 22-23
2. Send your membership payment using the details outlined below.
Alternatively if you’d like to know more about becoming a member, please get in touch by emailing our club secretary email@example.com
RENEWING YOUR MEMBERSHIP
This year we are changing our system to renew membership to an online method. Please watch this space for further details and guidance on how to renew.
Information about Membership
|Registered||Includes public & product liability insurance for claims up to £10M, Bee Disease Insurance (BDI) up to 3 colonies & registration with BBKA + BBKA news||£28|
|Partner||Full benefits without separate mailings from BBKA. No BDI Insurance. Must reside at same address as Registered member||£18|
|County||BBKA news and correspondence only (no insurance).||£14|
|Junior||Under 18 on 1st November. Same benefits as Registered Member except no BDI Insurance.||£11|
|Local (previously known as Associate)||Non BKA membership (No insurance): For members who only want Local Membership or are members of another BKA Branch.||£5|
Bee Disease Insurance (BDI) (For up to max of 39 Colonies)
For details of what this insurance covers please see https://www.beediseasesinsurance.co.uk/
|1-3 colonies||Included in Registered member fee|
|4-5 up to 5||£1.20 **||21-25 up to 25||£11.10|
|6-10 up to 10||£4.70 **||26-30 up to 30||£13.60|
|11-15 up to 15||£7.75||31-35 up to 35||£16.10|
|16-20 up to 20||£9.50||35-39 up to 39||£18.10|
Please note, changes in premium for 2023 are indicated by **
Make your payment
PLEASE USE YOUR FULL MEMBERSHIP NUMBER WHEN MAKING MEMBERSHIP PAYMENTS.
Please make payment by BACS (This is the preferred method) or by Cheque. Sorry we are not accepting membership payments by cash.
Please refer to the section below on making payments for details on how to pay fees and the reference to use.
Any Problems? Or you just need your membership number then email:
MAKING PAYMENTS TO PRESTON & DISTRICT BEEKEEPERS ASSOCIATION
(Updated 10th August 2022)
Account Name: Lancashire & North West Beekeepers Association Preston Branch
Sort Code: 20-69-85 Account Number: 30429783 Reference: See the list below.
Payment to: Lancashire & North West Beekeepers Association Preston Branch
Write the Payment Reference on the back of the cheque. See the list below.
Send cheques to: PBKA Treasurer, Arthur Leyland, 7 Bannister Court, Tarleton, PRESTON, PR4 6HA.
Please use the payment references listed below. Do not add extra names to the reference. (Note that some payment references have changed)
1. Existing Membership Payment: Use full membership number (Example 38.16.273 or 38.16.273/274 if paying for more than 1 member)
2. New Membership Payment: Use surname followed by NEWMEM
(Example: Leyland NEWMEM)
3. Shop Payment: Use PBKASHOP- followed by sale’s reference. (Example: PBKASHOP-D33 or PBKASHOP-D33,45 if paying for more than 1 sale reference)
4. Beginners Course: Use Surname followed by BEG23 (Example: Smith BEG23)
5. Taster Days: Use Surname followed by TDay3 (Example Brown TDay3) The number will change for each date.
References for other payments will be given by the relevant organiser. If in doubt about any payment or reference please contact the person organising the payment, or the treasurer by email: firstname.lastname@example.org